Is your organisation ready to have a flexible workforce? Answer the following questions to help guide your understanding of your organisation’s readiness:
- Do you have a clear understanding of the types of flexible work arrangements that would work for your organization, such as remote work, flextime, compressed workweeks, or job sharing?
- Have you identified the jobs or roles that are suitable for flexible work arrangements?
- Have you assessed the technology and infrastructure necessary to support flexible work arrangements?
- Have you established clear policies and guidelines for flexible work arrangements, including expectations for communication, productivity, and accountability?
- Have you trained managers and employees on how to manage and work effectively in a flexible work environment?
- Have you identified any legal or regulatory barriers that may impact your ability to offer flexible work arrangements?
- Have you assessed the potential costs and benefits of implementing flexible work arrangements, including increased productivity, reduced real estate costs, and improved employee satisfaction and retention?
- Have you solicited feedback from employees on their preferences for flexible work arrangements?
- Have you developed a plan to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of flexible work arrangements over time?
- Have you identified potential risks and challenges associated with flexible work arrangements, such as maintaining team cohesion and managing workloads?
By answering these questions, organizations can gain a better understanding of their readiness to adopt a flexible posture to their workforce and identify areas for improvement.
Now that you have answered these questions, check out our guide to Building a Flexible Workforce